Excellent summary of the omnishambles that is curriculum reform. Makes next years progress data even more meaningless than usual. Good work missdcox!
- There will be no UMS. These were for modular exams. Everything is now linear.
- The DfE have published descriptors for 2/5/8, however they are mainly meaningless because:
- It will depend exactly on your board for the actual criteria that will be used for your specification
- Exam boards will not use these to allocate grades
- Grade allocations are based on numbers of students NOT these descriptors.
- What a 2/5/8 will change every year depending on the cohort and the teaching. As teachers get used to the new courses, they will get better at teaching them. This doesn’t mean more students will do better.
- Essentially your students are in competition with each other and with every other students sitting that paper. All students cannot achieve a 9.
- You will not get any grade boundaries from anywhere until a set of results has been published. It is no-ones responsibility/fault to do so…
View original post 274 more words